- 5/9/19 Patrick will be giving a talk in the Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology at the Kansas University Medical Center
- 1/27/19-2/1/19 Patrick will be presenting at the Gordon Research Conference on Complex and Adaptive Material Systems
- 12/8/18-12/12/18 The lab will be at the Annual American Society for Cell Biology Meeting in San Diego!
Posters from the lab
- Monday Poster Board B605 / P2423 - Stefano Sala - "Mechanosensitivity mechanisms of the LIM domain protein testin"
- Tuesday Poster Board B637 / P3288 - Nick Reilly - "αVβ3 Integrin Expression Regulates CD4+ T Cell Migration Phenotypes"
- Sunday Minisymposium 2 - M19 - Sarah Barger - "Membrane-Cytoskeleton Mechanical Feedback Mediated by Myosin 1 Controls Phagocytic Efficiency"
- 11/26/18 Our collaboration with the Bergstralh lab has been published at EMBO Journal. Congratulations everyone! Check it out here!
- 11/3/18 Patrick gave a talk at the 4th Annual Immune Imaging Symposium!
- 10/19/18 Patrick gave a talk in the Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology at the University of Michigan
- 10/2/18 Our collaborators in the Krendel Lab from SUNY Upstate have posted their manuscript to bioRxiv. Sarah, the lead author, did some of the experiments in the manuscript with the help of Nick in our lab.
- 9/4/18 We have a new rotation student from the Department of Biology. Welcome Mingyi!
- 8/2/18 Lab lunch at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que to celebrate Denis finishing her REU with us!
- 7/30/18 Denis is featured in article highlighting summer REU students at Rochester.
- 6/1/18 Patrick's CAREER Award was highlighted on the Department of Physics & Astronomy website. Read the article here.
- 5/30/18 Denis Ortega Ioni from Florida International University has joined the lab as a summer REU student. Welcome Denis!
- 5/23/18 Check out Patrick's new review in Current Opinion in Cell Biology!
- 5/18/18 Check out Patrick's News & Views article in Nature Immunology with Deb Fowell from URMC talking about T cell motility
- 5/11/18 Austin has received a Donald M. and Janet C. Barnard Fellowship from the University of Rochester. This award recognizes his strong research output and his commitment to mentoring and outreach. Congratulations Austin!
- 5/8/18 Dr. Stefano Sala has joined the lab as a postdoc. Stefano is a biochemist coming from the University of Ghent in Belgium. Welcome Stefano!
- 4/23/18 Patrick will be speaking at Genetics Day at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- 4/2/18 Recent work the lab contributed to was chosen for the cover of the Journal of Cell Biology! They also published a short podcast video describing how it builds on a previous paper from Patrick.
- 3/1/18 Patrick received an NSF CAREER award!
- 2/27/18 Check out our new paper about myosin-independent mechanosensing that was just published in PNAS!
- 2/5/18 Check out a new paper that the lab contributed to that was just published in Journal of Cell Biology!
- 1/15/18 Patrick has joined the editorial board of the journal Cytoskeleton
- 12/2/17-12/6/17 The lab will be at the American Society for Cell Biology annual meeting in Philadelphia
Posters from the lab
- Sunday Poster Board B654 / P1639 - Nick Reilly - "Effect of influenza infection on epithelial monolayer integrity"
- Monday Poster Board B646 / P2495 - Austin Skeeters - "The lamellipodium is a myosin independent mechanosensor"
- Sunday Poster Board B813 / P1795 "Breaking Hertwig's Rule in the Drosophila Follicular Epithelium"
- 10/18/17 Some of our microscope images were put up on the Jumbotrons at the University of Florida as part of the Soft Matter Symposium! So cool to see a 100 ft cell!
- 10/17/17-10/19/17 Patrick gave an invited talk at the Soft Matter Symposium at the University of Florida
- 9/26/17 Patrick gave a talk at the Center for Studies in Physics and Biology at the Rockefeller University
- 9/15/17 Patrick gave a talk at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria
- 9/11/17-9/14/17 Patrick gave an invited talk at the Abercrombie Meeting 2017 being held in Oxford, UK
- 9/8/2017 Our new paper about a myosin independent mechanosensing mechanism is on the BioRxiv!
- 8/19/2017 Our collaboration with the Bergstralh lab on spindle orientation in proliferating epithelium is on BioRxiv
- 7/1/2017 The lab and our collaborators (Biteau Lab - Biomedical Genetics and Bergstralh Lab - Biology), were awarded a SAC Incubator Award from the School of Medicine & Dentistry!
- 6/18/17-6/23/17 Patrick gave an invited talk at the Cell Contact & Adhesion Gordon Conference
- 6/12/17 Our paper on optogenetic control of RhoA is now out in Nature Communications!
- 4/5/17 Patrick gave a talk at the BioQuant Seminar series at the University of Heidelberg
- 4/2/17-4/8/17 Patrick was an invited speaker at the Mechanisms of actin-dependent force generation course at the EMBL
- 3/3/17 Check out our new paper in Scientific Reports on the role of cholesterol in cardiomyocytes!
- 2/22/17 Check out our new paper in Molecular Biology of the Cell on contact guidance of migration!
- 2/2/17 Patrick gave a seminar in the Department of Biomedical Genetics - 1:45 PM in KMRB 2.9654
- 1/31/17 Patrick gave a talk at the Seeds for Collaboration event sponsored by School of Medicine and Dentistry, and the Ernest J. Del Monte Institute for Neuromedicine
- 12/3/16-12/7/26 Patrick gave an invited talk and a poster at the American Society of Cell Biology annual meeting in San Francisco.
Poster: Sunday Afternoon, Board B1230
Talk: Tuesday 5:35 PM, Room 305 - Minisymposium 14: Cell Mechanics
- 11/8/16 Patrick gave a seminar in the Department of Biomedical Engineering - Sloan Auditorium, Goergen Hall 101 at 8:30 AM
- 11/2/16 Patrick gave a colloquium in the Department of Physics at the Rochester Institute of Technology
- 10/25/16 Patrick presented at the Biophysics retreat for the Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics
- 10/10/16-10/14/16 Patrick gave an invited talk at a Banff International Research Station (BIRS) Workshop - Modeling and Quantifying Cell Function: 25 years of Cell Mechanobiology
- 10/3/16 Patrick gave the Donut Talk Seminar in the Department of Biology - Lander Auditorium, Hutchinson Hall 140 at 12 PM
- 8/25/16 Check out our new paper in Nature Communications about contraction in disordered cytoskeletal networks!
- 8/2/16 Patrick presented at the Physical Models of Biological Systems workshop, sponsored by the University of Rochester Departments of Physics & Astronomy and Mechanical Engineering. Bausch & Lomb 106 1-5:30 PM
- 8/1/16 Lab website is live!